The Application Engineer will be responsible for supporting the customer’s ownership experience with the products we represent, which include lasers, punches, press brakes, system software and material handling solutions for processing sheet metal and structural steel. The individual will lead this relationship and support the customer by spending time at the customer site to better understand their needs and how they can optimize their experience with the products.
- Enhance the customer’s experience through site visits to learn the process and needs for their unique site.
- Troubleshoot to determine the best experience for the customer, provide recommendations to optimize their experience with the product.
- Help customers with unique programming issues related to tooling, materials, or design.
- Help customers with programming issues related to training.
- Have a positive attitude to keep customers happy.
- Visit customers after start-ups and commissioning of equipment.
- Travel to customer locations to instruct customer on application, machine operation, part optimization, maintenance, and safety.
- Keep the service manager informed by filling out complete service reports.
- Ensure you are always following all safety rules and regulations of the customer site and our company.
- Complete and pass course outline
- Learn where reference documentation is and navigate through it.
- Receive training on Trumpf applications.
- Understand the technical side of the product, look at what operators are doing and give them advice on how to optimize the software, give them ideas and teach them how to run more smoothly/efficiently.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering degree and/or 5 years minimum in applications, installation, service work related experience or a combination of education/exp. equivalent of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Basic computer, CNC programming skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record