Mid Atlantic Machinery is looking for a Business Development Associate to join our team in Rochester, NY. This person will be responsible for selling capital equipment to metal fabricators, from job shops to OEM’s, and help customers find solutions to their manufacturing and metal fabrication needs. The Business Development Associate will accomplish this by recommending equipment & tooling from our machine tool manufacturers based on existing processes and needs.
The role of Business Development Associate is responsible for our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by cultivating and maintaining our customer relationships. The position is responsible for driving revenue along with providing our customers with world-class buying experience.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with clients and understanding their requirements.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing your territory.
- Provide sales updates and forecasts to the management team.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Monitor quote and order intake to ensure appropriate balance of sales for builders as a team effort.
- Interface with internal departments to assure order to payment process is completed.
- Collaborate with IT, Sales, Marketing, and other internal departments to identify and implement opportunities for process improvement as needed.
- Deliver Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to drive individual and team results.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field with 5+ years of post-college practical experience or technical sales.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing, sheet metal fabrication, and/or technical sales focused role is preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills with strong client facing communication skills that allows you to translate technical industry concepts and issues.
- Exceptional organization and prioritization skills. Can juggle competing priorities while making sound business decisions based on goals and objectives.
- Ability to travel.
Mid Atlantic Machinery provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.